The Thorhild Ukrainian Dancing Club (TUDC) is seeking an experienced Ukrainian Dance Instructor for the 2017/18-dance season. Located 90 km north east of Edmonton, the Thorhild Ukrainian Dancing Club was formed in 1973 as one of the first dance clubs formed in Northern Alberta. Our membership includes over 30 families and 50 dancers ranging from 4yrs to 18yrs of age.
Term: One-Year Renewal Contract from September 2017 to April 30, 2018
Salary Range: $15,000 – $20,000 per year (based on experience)
Location: Thorhild, Alberta
Hours: Thursday evenings from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. (negotiable)
- Choreograph and instruct 50+ dancers ranging in age from 4 to 18 years old
- Choreograph All Girls or All Boys dance each season (2017/18 season is All Boys), allowing for 5-6 practices prior to the Year End concert
- Choreograph duets and solos as requested (additional cost to the dancers)
- Choreograph annual year-end concert, including opening Pryvit and all boys or all girls dance
- Work closely with the costume committee to select dance costumes from our extensive inventory as well as assist with direction in new purchases
- Meet attendance requirements as agreed upon jointly with the TUDC Executive (see contract minimum requirements below)
- Conduct 1 to 2 dance workshops throughout the year (additional cost to club)
- Share your knowledge and passion for Ukrainian Culture with your students by including videos, photos, maps and other visual aids/teaching tools as part of your instruction.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Extensive training and experience in Ukrainian dance. Knowledge and experience in other areas of dance would be an asset.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of regional choreography, music, and costuming are required.
- Ability to work with dancers ranging in age from 4 to 18 years old in a positive and encouraging environment while maintaining discipline and structure.
- Able to effectively communicate and work with Executive members.
Yearly Contract to include:
- Instructor attendance at:
- Dancer placement day
- Club hosted concerts (Fall or Winter festival and Spring Year End)
- Club picture day
- One (1) dance festival/competition travelled to by the club
- Professional fees to attend additional festivals/competitions (cost sharing with other clubs if applicable)
- Professional fee to instruct workshops
- Professional fee for extra instruction (duets, solos)
- Mileage/Per Diem
Closing Date: Please submit your resume to ThorhildUKDance@gmail.com by May 19, 2017
For more information, please contact Megan Hay at 780-307-5574